Our Welfare Officer is Mechelle Lewis
If something is worrying you or you need someone to talk to contact Mechelle by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 07904 209324
Alternative contacts: are ChildLine 0800 1111, NSPCC 0808 800 5000 or England Golf 01526 351851
Towneley Golf Club Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and Procedures
The welfare of children is paramount and Towneley Golf Club is committed to ensuring they are able to learn and play the game of golf in in a safe and secure environment. The key principles underpinning our safeguarding policy and procedures are:
• All children, regardless of their Age, Race, Religion or Belief, Disability, Gender identity or Sexual Orientation, have the right to protection from abuse.
• All concerns and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
• All children have the right to be safe.
• All children have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
• Towneley Golf Club will work with children, their parents/carers and external organisations to safeguard the welfare of children participating in golf.
• We recognise the authority of the statutory agencies and are committed to complying with Local Safeguarding Children Board Guidelines (LSCB), Working Together under the Children Act 2004, and any legislation and statutory guidance that supersedes these.
• Towneley Golf Club is committed to working in partnership with other key UK Golf Bodies to continually improve and to promote safeguarding initiatives across the sport.
• Towneley Golf Club owes a legal duty of care to children on their premises or engaged in their activities. That duty is to take reasonable care to ensure their reasonable safety and the duty is higher than it would be for adults.
Our policy was written and approved by the golf club in June 2023 and will be reviewed within 3 years or as changes in legislation demand. It can be viewed in full by clicking on the link below.
Towneley Golf Club Safeguarding Adults Policy
Towneley Golf Club is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all individuals involved in golf.
Safeguarding duties apply to an adult who:
• Has needs for care and support (whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs) and;
• Is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect; and;
• As a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of, abuse or neglect.
Our policy was written and approved by the golf club in July 2020 and will be reviewed within 3 years or as changes in legislation demand. It can be viewed in full by clicking on the link below.